Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - All Season 4 Killstreaks And How To Unlock Them

Season 4 adds four new killstreaks to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer, but each new streak will need to be unlocked. Here we'll explain how these new streaks work and how to gain access to them.

Intelligent Munitions Systems (I.M.S.)​

Killstreak cost: 7 kills or 875 score.

The Intelligent Munitions System (I.M.S.) streak was first introduced in the original Modern Warfare 3 from 2011. The I.M.S. works similarly to a Bouncing Betty, but this device is armed with smart explosives that lock onto its target and propels towards them.

How to unlock the I.M.S.​

You must select the Intelligent Munitions System (I.M.S.) as an active challenge in the Armory Unlock System, and then complete eight daily challenges to unlock this killstreak. These new streaks are not auto-selected in the armory. You must manually select the I.M.S. in the Armory Unlock menu.

Loitering Munition​

Killstreak cost: 8 kills or 1,000 score.

This new streak is an unmanned rocket-equipped drone that loiters above the map. With each activation of the Loitering Munition, the drone selects the targeted location with the largest number of viable targets to bombard with rockets. It can be activated up to three times.

How to unlock the Loitering Munition​

You must select Loitering Munition as an active challenge in the Armory Unlock System, and then complete eight daily challenges to unlock this killstreak. These new streaks are not auto-selected in the armory. You must manually select Loitering Munition in the Armory Unlock menu.

Missile Drone​

Killstreak cost: 11 kills or 1,375 score.

The Missile Drone is simply described as a small, player-controlled drone that fires guided missiles.

How to unlock the Missile Drone​

You must select Missile Drone as an active challenge in the Armory Unlock System, and then complete eight daily challenges to unlock this killstreak. These new streaks are not auto-selected in the armory. You must manually select Missile Drone in the Armory Unlock menu.

DNA Bomb​

Killstreak cost: This streak can't be earned with score points, and 25 kills without dying is needed to activate it.

The DNA Bomb is a killstreak that returns from 2014's Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Reaching the set amount of kills (25) needed will eliminate every player on the opposing team, but unlike the nuke killstreak, it won't end the match. You don't need to manually unlock this new streak in the armory, but you will need to achieve the required amount of kills to use it.

The update also adds two new multiplayer perks, so make sure to check out our Season 4 perk guide to learn how each new perk works and how to activate them.

Source