Evil Dead: The Game Delayed to February 2022

Saber Interactive and Boss Team Games have announced that Evil Dead: The Game has been delayed to February 2022 to give the team extra time to polish the game and to add a single-player option.

The delay was confirmed on Twitter, with the team sharing the news alongside reassuring fans that this will allow them to create the "ultimate Evil Dead experience you're all waiting for."

"Evil Dead: The Game will be releasing in February 2022," The team wrote on Twitter. "Hey groovy gamers, we're targeting a new release date to give the team some extra time for polish and to ensure this is the ultimate Evil Dead experience you’re all waiting for! This additional time is also allowing us to implement a single-player option that will let you enjoy the game when you are without your co-op compadres."

Evil Dead: The Game was announced at The Game Awards 2020 and features not only both co-op and PvP gameplay, but will see the return of Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams.

In Evil Dead's matches, some players will need to "seal the breach between worlds," while others will "take control of the powerful Kandarian Demon to hunt Ash and his friends while possessing Deadites, the environment, and even the survivors themselves."

The game will include multiple maps, including the iconic cabin in the woods, and the wide selection of weapons will of course include Ash's signature chainsaw.

"I’m excited to be strapping on the chainsaw one more time,” said Campbell. “Boss Team and Saber Interactive are planning a huge immersive dealio, and I knew I had to come back. You’ll be able to step into my shoes and kick some Deadite ass!”

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Source